You Are Reading

OUGD602 — Process Invite

I was surprised to receive an e-mail from one of last year's graduates Mike Williams inviting me to take part in an exhibition that he is organising for the duration of the Leeds Indie Food Festival.

On 4 Mar 2015, at 12:39, hello@brewersdesignsociety.com wrote:

Hi Alex,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm curating an exhibition in May about brewing great beer and the art that surrounds it, It would be awesome if you could submit. It features artists from around the world (Invited Nick Dwyer of Beavertown, Kasper Ledet of ToOl and a heap more etc etc) and is being hosted in Tall Boys.

The brief is open but aimed at artists that specifically work alongside craft breweries, I know you love your beer so I wanted to include you. I know the course is bloody intense, deadline is 30/04/15 if you can squeeze it in. 

Full info is in a call for submissions pack I have have sent out today (see attached) and if you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Have a great day.

Mike Williams
Founder
The Brewer's Design Society
Process Exhibition





I was really excited about this exhibition already due to the artists that had also been invited but also the prospect of networking with or having work presented alongside them. Like Mike said in the email, it is an obvious quality my interests lay with is well made beers and especially after my dissertation and brewery branding this will be a nice way of using the research I constructed for them in another brief.

It may benefit me quite a lot as I am already friendly with the owners of Tall Boys Beer Market as I buy a lot from them and often stop to have a chat, this might spark something further in a professional direction and I may even do some work with them.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.